![]() |
| Elizabeth and I decked out to dance |
Reasons of why we joined the class were that we needed a hobby to get out of the house, we would meet new people, and we would integrate more into the culture of Peru. Great reasons, Right? What ever the reasons, we jumped in on it. At first I was unsure, because I had never done anything like it before, but after a month of lesions, I really did enjoy it. March second we had our first dance recital. We hoped we wouldn’t falter in front of all those Peruvians and what a disaster it would have been if we would have had to stop in the middle to put our hands up in the air as if to say, ”I don’t know what I’m suppose to do next”.
![]() |
| My recital dance partner |
Different things ran through my head as I danced: smile, hips, legs, dress, etc.(There is a lot to remember) but we finished, both proud of what we had accomplished.
I debated for the longest time if I should continue, and I have decided that this hobby is needed and something I really enjoy. I just bought a skirt this week and in two more months of classes I could begin to get good at it.
![]() |
| Our Mariner Dance Fan club |
I didn't realize how physically demanding the Marinera was either. The professionals do it so elegantly with smiles on their faces. My face tend to exhibit many different expressions: The real smile when I have just recovered from a disgraceful fall, The fake smile when I remember I am suppose to smile, The awkward grin when I had just messed up, the purse your lips focus face, and the ever attractive open mouth focus face. And to add on top of it all our instructor yells the three same things over and over again," Hips!", "lean, lean lean!", "Don't look at the floor!"
All in all I really enjoy dancing and now that it is getting cold here we are well warmed up after our class to feel it.



No comments:
Post a Comment