To those who feel just plain unqualified:"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God." (1 Corinthians 1:25-29)
I am one of those foolish and weak things God has chosen to use. I am a soon to be high school graduate who is moving to Peru with no college education or great experience. I don't yet speak Spanish. So why would Jesus choose me to do this? I don't know the specific answer to that question, but I know God has a plan that is not revealed until just the right moment.
My dear friend, Jennifer Phillips in Bulgaria wrote on her blog just a few days ago,"God continues to us my obedience rather than my abilities." That quote so related to me. Though God has an awesome plan, a purpose, for each person on this planet, He is not a God who uses "brood force". He wants us to obey, but we must choose to surrender, we much choose to obey, and we must choose to live that glorious life. I've said," no," before, but I am sure glad that even though God didn't "force" me to surrender, he chased after me and drew me to Him and that purpose. He never gave up on me!
God is by no means weak nor foolish, but the world at times considers Him as such. He knows what He is doing! May I never boast in my abilities, for even those that I have are gifts from God. He deserves all the glory and praise! He is the qualifier!
No comments:
Post a Comment