Jeremiah 29:11

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, January 7, 2012

"I AM"

The following post is the testimony of some dear friends, Jay, Laura, Hunter, Gabby, and Maggy Sims. I had the privilege to meet them in Jackson at We Will Go ministries. A summary of their testimony will be posted to the "Missionaries" page along with their contact information.


Most of the Sim's family at a passover
supper in downtown Jackson 
Jay and I got married in January 2000 with a "regular" wedding. We hardly ever attended church because Jay was uncomfortable with my Catholic background and I with his Baptist background. After we moved to Pennsylvania in 2001, I said,"I will never live in Mississippi with those hypocrites again." We attended church for our daughter’s sakes, but got bored after a while (God desires and deserves us to worship HIM. Not for HIM to entertain us!)



Laura with Gabby and Maggy
We Moved back to Mississippi in 2004 with two kids, one income, and a mountain of debt. We bought and moved into Jay’s family home hoping to remodel it and to retire there. Soon after, a church was being built on the corner of our street, and our kids, older now, asked if we could go there after it was finished. Once again, for our kid’s sakes, we all began to attend. We got baptized, joined the church, and Jay and I served on committees. We thought we were good! then God spoke,"Missionary," but we wouldn’t hear it. After that, our marriage began to struggle with the strain of finances and eventually an affair, but we still managed to put on our happy faces and go to church.


Jay and Laura Sims
God began to convict me of my sin of adultery; So, I began to make excuses as to why I couldn’t meet with the other man. God began to speak crazy things to me like:"You will love Jay," "You will make disciples," "serve my People". I couldn’t fix our marriage, but Christ told me,"Your right, you can’t fix this, but I can, I will, and I AM!"

JESUS CHRIST gets all the glory for restoring our marriage. We never did go to counseling(Jay would have no part of it), but because of that, no man can get the glory but CHRIST JESUS.


Hunter, Gabby, and Maggy
The Lord began to call us to downtown Jackson, MS. My reply was, "Lord, I don’t know if you have a TV up there in Heaven or not, but if you do, you may want to put it on Channel 3 and let Maggy Wade (a local reporter) tell you haw bad it is in Jackson!". We went for the first time to We Will Go ministries in downtown, Jackson to drive through, get our tickets punched, and serve some homeless people. We had no idea what the Lord was going to do to our hearts. I stood the whole time in tears and broken. All heartache, pain, anger, and any other emotions toward people were gone (Such Freedom!) I thought I was saved, but I wasn’t(JESUS is a real person and His biggest desire is for us to love HIM above all else! We cannot live without HIM! He is calling us every second, every minute, everyday!)


Jay and I fasted forty days and began the journey of obeying and serving CHRIST completely. God provided all that we needed! We bought passports for all four of us, are completely debt free, and are finishing the remodeling of Jay’s house to sell (not to retire in). God has called us to go to a missionary school(Iris Ministries Harvest School of Missions) in Mozambique, Africa in June 2012! Jay will be leaving his job of fourteen years, but we know God will provide! Prayer is our biggest need, as we seek HIS plan(We don’t want to go astray of His divine plan, not even for a minute!)


"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,"Plans to prosper
you and not to harm you, plans to
give you a hope and a future."
(Jeremiah 29:11)

Contact Information:

2162 Copper Road
Flowood, MS 39232

(601)992-2249


           

No comments:

Post a Comment